Styrene-butadiene Rubber(SBR): Pliogum®
Pliogum is a specially formulated food-grade polymer. This polymer is specifically designed for use in the manufacture of chewing and bubble gum. The most used polymers are Pliogum 1027 and Pliogum 1028. Products are available in bale and crumb form. BHT and BHA stabilized grades are available. Production of Pliogum exclusively uses vegetal fatty ingredients and is therefore animal fat free. All Pliogum Grades are Kosher certified, and the certificate is available upon request.
Some Unique Product Features of Pliogum Elastomers: Pliogum elastomers are emulsion polymerized, specially designed and manufactured for gum base.
- Compared with latex
- Savings on transporting water and waste treatment.
- Reduction of production cycle time and cost since coagulation and drying of the latex are not needed.
- Most cost-effective among commonly used solid polymers in gum production.
- Maintain gum volume and full-body feeling during chewing as styrene butadiene polymer swells during chewing and contact with saliva
- Pliogum 1027 is most suitable for gum with a regular or soft chew.
- Pliogum 1028 is most suitable for gum with a firmer chew, as well as for bubble gum where bubble size and stability are highly desirable.
- 1027 and 1028 are stabilized with BHT and BHA to meet the needs of different markets.
- Both Pliogum 1027 and 1028 products can be used in food can sealant applications.
- Bale:each three-cell corrugated box contains twenty-four 80 lb. (36.3kg) bales.
- Crumb:each palletized corrugated box contains eighteen 70 lb. (31.8kg) boxes.
Find out why MILTSAM has become a trusted name in the industry.